ZEST 4 LEISURE
Part of the P&A Group of Companies, Zest 4 Leisure is a market leader in the supply of high quality timber furniture and decorative garden products to garden centres nationwide and through partnership with well-known internet platforms.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor to join the team at our Warehouse & Distribution centre in Saltney and share in our future success.
Established for over 30 years, the business has built its reputation on providing exceptional service to its customers. The successful candidate will support the Warehouse Manager to build on this and develop the capability of a young and enthusiastic team. We are a seasonal business and at peak times (February to June) it can be a challenging role, so you need to be able to keep your head and guide others clearly and consistently even when the pressure is on.
If you are looking for a real opportunity make a visible difference and believe you have the skills, experience and attributes to hit the ground running we would be delighted to hear from you.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the Warehouse Manager to deliver the optimum Warehouse operation and meet established KPI’s
- Ensure customer orders are processed efficiently in terms of accuracy, quality, quantity and timeliness to minimize returns.
- Deputise for the Manager in his absence ensuring all process, procedure and reporting is maintained to the required standard
- Create a positive working environment which encourages and enables the team to engage in a process of Continuous Improvement including adherence to SOP’s and investigation of non-compliance.
- Work closely with the Manager and Team Leaders to maximize productivity and early identification of potential workflow problems
- Proactively manage the development and performance of all direct reports in line with the P&A Competency Framework
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective quality procedures across the picking and distribution cycle.
- Ensure the Warehouse operation is fully compliant with current legislation, with particular attention to Health and Safety
- Effectively communicate with the Logistics Coordinator and related departments to support the maintenance of accurate warehouse stock levels.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A good standard of literacy, numeracy and IT skills (MS Office)
- Great communication skills – written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to engage and motivate others
- A keen eye for detail and be a stickler for accuracy
- A good commercial sense and an enquiring mind
- Natural ability to plan and organise resources whilst remaining flexible to changing circumstances
- A passion for service and developing others
- Experience of implementing Health & Safety guidelines and implementing procedure
- Experience with SAP Business One or similar ERP system and a current valid FLT certificate would be an advantage.
Pay: £9.20 – 10.30 per hour depending upon experience
Hours of Work: 42.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Hours are annualised and the hours per working day will vary to meet seasonal demand. More information on request.
Benefits: Pension, free parking, life assurance, discounted cinema tickets, discount off company products and café, discretionary profit share bonus
Location: Saltney, Near Chester, North Wales
Contract Type: Permanent
To Apply: Please fill out the form below or email HR@p-a-group.com including a recent current CV by Friday 30th November 2018.