Do you have good knowledge of building WordPress websites using themes, page builders, and managing backend functionality? Do you love being part of a team and get a buzz from using your technical skill and creativity to drive sales and engagement?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated digital marketing team, where you’ll be encouraged to pursue ideas in support of our vision to be the best choice for outdoor living.
The P&A Group of Companies is a successful multi-award-winning family run business based in North Wales. We have been manufacturing and selling high quality timber products for almost 40 years across several business streams including Zest Outdoor Living 4, P&A Pallets & Packaging and The Woodworks Garden Centre and Café and each one is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction and top-quality products.
The Role – Digital Marketing Executive - Website Designer
Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Executive and working as part of the wider marketing department, your focus will be on digital marketing and website design. You will be responsible for translating marketing strategies into tangible results through various digital channels for both B2B and B2C customers.
You will manage the frontend web design and backend operations of several company websites via WordPress, optimise online sales through various platforms and contribute to the execution of a variety of marketing campaigns and digital projects.
Key duties will include:
- Conducting general WordPress account maintenance, including plugin and theme updates, security fixes and backups
- Uploading blog posts and news updates, as well as updating any homepage changes in line with monthly and seasonal marketing campaigns for all divisions
- Maintaining and driving sales through platforms such as eBay, Wowcher and Shopify, for Zest
- Supporting the marketing team with digital and web tasks, including trade event portal updates
You’ll be part of an award-winning business with a strong focus on staff development, engagement and consistent values. We know our employees are our most valuable asset and we encourage every member of the team to use their skills and knowledge to flourish and build a successful future together. You’ll also benefit from:
- Salary between £26,000 and £27,500, level dependent on experience
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, from our light and airy design and innovation centre in Saltney near Chester
- Employee healthcare cash plan (Medicash)
- Access to a range of high street discounts including cinema, retail, gym membership etc.
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays) rising to 31 days with length of service
- Life assurance
- Discretionary profit share and bonus scheme
- 40% discount off Zest Garden furniture and decorative products
- 20% discount at the Woodworks Garden Centre and Café
- Long service awards
Good overall knowledge of frontend design and backend functionality management in WordPress
Highly competent in building WordPress websites using themes and page builders
- Good understanding of digital marketing and SEO principles and UX best practices
- Understanding of DNS and cPanel management
- Competent level of HTML and CSS coding skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Passionate about developing knowledge and driven to achieve results
Although not essential, experience of applying SEO principles and UX best practices to drive results would be advantageous, as would a relevant degree and/or professional qualification e.g. CIM in digital marketing or web content publishing.
All applications for this Digital Marketing Executive - Website Designer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.